What are Your Super Powers?
When I started my business, I had a massive idea:
I want to bring “soul” back to the corporation.
During my time in B-School, I brainstormed a list of articles to blog about. While the rest of my school notes had a different tone, 99% of the brainstorm topics were about work and career.
I thought at the time it was because I had just quit my soulless job. With the benefit of hindsight and the few paths I’ve gone down in the pursuit of making my dreams real; I now know that my original massive idea is still my #1 goal.
When I look at all of the things I’m truly gifted at; they make me rather perfect for this job.
Those words were hard to type and are even harder to share with you but it's a critical step.
I connect my clients to the things in their life that create energy for them. I help people discover with clarity what brings them joy and makes them feel successful. We identify what brings out their deepest passions. I can't ask my clients to do the work if I'm not willing to lead the way.
The talent work is the most difficult part of the work I do for two reasons:
- Most people don’t know what they are gifted or talented at
- If they do, they don't believe it because we work so hard to "fit in".
Belief is crucial.
You can’t build a business helping others to find their gifts and talents and then work with them to figure out how to turn that into a fulfilling, purpose-driven, passion-filled career without knowing your own. It’s not perfect, I’m still learning but I’m doing the work.
Are you ready for the work?
Below is a summary of my gifts. I hope that by publishing my list, I inspire to you to make your own and then make them known; the more validation you have, the better you become at believing them. The more you believe them, the more they work for you and that’s where the magic happens.
The below is the reason I call myself a Transformation Guide, Connector, Light Reflector & Insight Specialist. These are short descriptions of my superpowers, and here's what they include:
- I’m a natural translator; I can connect an engineer with a sales professional and get them on the same page. I can also connect a PR guru and Shamanic Priestess.
- I have a dynamic speaking presence; we did a fast-forward exercise in college once where our classmates had to pick our careers 20 years out - I was dubbed as the motivational speaker. I’d heard this many times in my life before I actually got here.
- I’m fantastic at weeding through lots of noise and data, pulling out the meaty bits and crafting them into a compelling story and telling it.
- I’m excellent at learning new things. I not only have a voracious appetite for new information I also immediately adapt the learning into my life so I utilize and retain a tremendous amount.
- I have been told that my intuition is very strong and I am a healer/medicine woman/medium. I have yet to fully believe these.
- I often hear, "You are the first person I thought of when…" and the fill in the blank ranges from business ideas that need vetting to shifting people’s perspective to helping someone sort out some intuitive message they are confused about to relationship advice.
I wholeheartedly believe that the world would be a better place if everyone knew and owned their own superpowers. I also believe you have to be on a mission to find them.
Are you ready for yours?